Welcome Racers & Fans!!! - To Iowa Krazy 8 Racing Fanatics website showcasing figure 8 racing, enduro racing, & demo derbies from around Iowa and Midwest includes everything from Racing News, Schedules, Pictures, For Sale Ads, Messageboard and lots more....

Thursday, November 20, 2008

About Iowa Krazy 8 Racing Fanatics






Hello Drivers & Fans,
This is Jason & Dianna Bryan, the ones who are responsible for bringing this website to life. I was raised around Winterset, IA. Dianna was raised around Montezuma, IA. In 1993 I moved to Jefferson in Greene County and that is where we call home today. I'm currently employed with Syngenta Seeds Soybean Production Plant here in Jefferson. Dianna is a CNA/CMA/Restorative Aide at Regency Park here in town. Dianna & I were brought together through figure 8 racing. We met each other in the grandstands at the Barnes City races in the Fall of 2003 and it was love at first sight. We did the long distance dating for 4 months. Then Dianna decided to move to Jefferson in December 2003. We were engaged Christmas night 2004 and we were married on May 21, 2005 and couldn't be any more happier together. We both have always had a passion for motor sports and I've always had a passion for photography. We thought why not bring the two together and share with the rest of the world. I've always had a love for figure 8 races and their popularity seems to keep growing each year in the state of Iowa. I'm going to bring you what I see through the viewfinder on my camera and share with you what news we find.


Your figure 8 racing friends,
Jason & Dianna Bryan


My interest in figure 8 racing began when I first attended the Warren County Speedway in Indianola, Iowa when I was in high school. From then on I knew I was hooked on the motor sport and wanted to see more and more races. To this day I have attend 21+ different figure 8 tracks over the years at the following towns in Iowa- Adel, Audubon, Barnes City, Brooklyn, Coon Rapids, Denison, Dunlap, Fort Dodge, Greenfield, Grundy Center, Hampton, Harlan, Indianola, Jefferson, Maxwell, Mount Ayr, Osage, Primghar, Rockwell City, Sac City, Sigourney, Winterset. Along with out of state tracks in Wheatland, MO & Indianapolis, IN, Weeping Water, NE & Odessa, MO. Some of those town no longer have figure 8 races and some are going stronger that ever.

Dianna grew up with 4 different tracks surrounding where she lived. They were Brooklyn, What Cheer, Barnes City & Sigourney. She made it to a few of the races when she wasn't busy working. Now since we are together she tries to attend every figure 8 race she can with me. There are some during the day which she can't make it to since she works the day shift.

In 2008 we created the Iowa Krazy 8 Racing Series in Eastern Iowa and ran it in 2008 and 2009 season. It was a lot of fun to do the series and have 3 classes of car racing in the series that include the 2 man Cruiser, Stock, Pro Stock, & Open class figure 8 cars. But with our busy schedule we won't be able to continue the series.



***********************************************************

No comments:

I.K.8.R.F. Visitors Counter